Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Seamless mitered blocks

Thank you Sarah for your kind words about the blog. We're so glad that people enjoy it! I'm having a wonderful time working on this blanket. The geometry of it is beautiful and I just love knitting with Silk Garden. I have found this Noro yarn to be very soft after washing and I think my son will find the scrunchy garter fabric very snuggly. He's getting a kick out of watching me knit it, and I have to say that his reaction to my progress is really pushing me along. Sometimes it's the complexity of the pattern or the beauty of the stitches that attracts me to a project, but in this case it's knowing I'm giving a part of myself to someone I love who, in his own little 10-year-old way actually appreciates handknits, that makes it very very special.

After knitting the fair isle hat and having your sister love it, you must get a sense of that also. And by the by, fair isle isn't easy...you're already knitting beautiful things!!

Stop by the shop soon. I'd love to see what you're working on!

Yours in knitting,
Claire

~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~

Sent with my Treo 755p smartphone & Chattermail

No comments: