Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Rambling Rose Afghan


I love this blanket!!!!!!



Noro's Silk Garden is such a lovely yarn to work with. This pattern is all about picking up stitches for the different blocks meaning there's no seaming involved! Also, it's done in garter stitch which yields a beautifully thick fabric - prefectly for a child's cuddly blanket!

I was a bit worried that I'd find the pattern boring, but between keeping track of the decreases, and anticipating what each new geometric shape will look like in the self-striping yarn, I'm finding this project to be extremely interesting and a delight to work on.

Yours in knitting,
Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, Claire, how much I love reading your blog and seeing the projects you are working on - it is a small pleasure at the end of my busy day...I love dreaming about the day when I can knit like you!! Until then, I will continue with my little projects and find satisfaction in those! I took your fair isle hat class last fall and loved it (and so did my sister - it was her Xmas gift!) Thank you for your continued writing.