Wednesday, August 06, 2008

wool and moths

Every knitter's nightmare...finding moths in the stash...one of the reasons camping and knitting really don't mesh too well.

I've always been afraid of moths...something about them getting stuck in my hair. Anyway, so far they've been fluttering around the camper lights and the fire but they've stayed away from my knitting.

In general I love nature. For instance, it's been really pleasant feeding hotdog buns to the family of ducks that swim around the river running by our campsite. I find it interesting that the mother duck hangs back, letting her children have their fill before she takes any.

So I would say definitely feeding the ducks has been one of the highlights this week, except for the part where my daughter's cell phone slipped out of her sweatshirt pocket and fell PLOP into the river. It's now drying out in a bag of rice. (Campers are such a resourceful bunch-a solution for just about every kind of crisis)

I can't really say I was loving nature last night when I discovered some kind of creature rustling around in our bag of snacks. (i don't know what sort of creature it was because I tossed the bag far far far away out into the night.)

But...the ducks make it all quite charming and nice. And the prayer shawl is 2/3rds done. I highly recommend the combination of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino & Noro sock yarn.

Yours in knitting,
Claire

----------------------
--------------------
Sent with my Treo 700p smartphone & Chattermail

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare

Glad you are enjoying Maine; it has been a few years since I was home. I envy you the quiet pleasure of camping. Take care.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the rest of your trip, Claire. I really enjoyed seeing you at Relay.

Robin