Friday, August 08, 2008

Out of woods...

Well, we've packed up and left the campground- in the POURing rain no less. (We had one sunny day.)

All in all in was fun. Let's see, what highlights did I miss telling you about. Oh, my husband falling into the river was noteworthy. Completely submerged-hat glasses, New England Patriots swetshirt, wallet...all drenched....we did have access to a laundry at the campground, so he threw the sweatshirt into the dryer. (I don't have the heart to tell him it smells like riverwater in the car now-water from a "dead" river to boot.)

So, I am Not done with the shawl but the end is in sight. I resisted the urge to undo a whole row after someone worked on it. Everyone thinks it best to leave it as is-it's the thought that counts more than the expertise of craft.

I will mention though, if you do use the Noro sock yarn, whether for this prayer shawl, a pair of socks, or any other project, I recommend pullin from the outside of the skein. The inside pull is easy enough to find, however the character of the yarn causes it to knot and tangle too easily. I think I've spent as much time untangling knots as I have knitting the shawl!

Yours in beautiful striped Noro,
Claire
----------------------
--------------------
Sent with my Treo 700p smartphone & Chattermail

No comments: