Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm happiest when...

I'm happiest (knittingwise at least) when I'm designing lace. Anything out of lace, but especially a shawl. I've just started one in the new Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. I ADORE the colorways!! This is going to be a top down, triangle shawl in the Old Shale pattern. I'm hoping the Noro will make an interesting striped "V". We'll see...


Then, on a sad note....
Our beloved Bailey passed away two weeks ago. Just before we went camping actually, but I couldn't talk about it then. I can't even really now, but I did want to post a picture and give her a moment of rememberance in the World Wide Web. She was a sweet thing...

And then,






to end on with something more positive...



We spent a lovely evening at Beach 6 last night - Presque Isle was beautiful, the water was clear, it was breezy and cool, and the children had a blast playing in the sand after a picnic dinner with their cousins from New York. Hard to believe it's the end of summer and that school starts next week.

I love having the kids home, and it's always a bit too quite come the last week of August. But I have to admit, the promise of cooler weather gets me back in the mood for working in wool!
I know a lot of people tend to be cool weather knitters and while I do knit year-round, I nearly always aim for projects done in cotton, silk, or linen in the summer months. Of course there's always a sock or two going - woolly or not, their too tiny to throw much heat! But with school around the corner, the brisk Autumn days aren't far behind and I'm getting ready to pull out some merino!! Why don't you join me!

Yours in yarn,
Claire

No comments: