Monday, September 18, 2006

The 'Audrey' scarf

This is the pattern of the "Audrey", a scarf I designed for the beginner cable class tonight. It's done in my all time FAVORITE yarn- D. Bliss Cashmerino. It's like knitting with butter! For years I thought I had a wool allergy, but it turns out I wasn't knitting with the GOOD STUFF!

The funny thing about this class: everyone catches on to the cable part right away but the struggle is with the yarn over between the knit and purl stitch in the eyelet ribbing. Who knew...:-((

Well, I should be getting back to knitting my moss stitch/cabled purse (truthfully though, I am enjoying sitting out in the sunshine on this beautiful summerlike day watching Audrey & Celia's riding lesson.) but I'm at least THINKING about the purse...

yours in yarn, Claire

No comments: