Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Design

I've got something new on the needles!!!! This is the gorgeous Skacel Merino Lace and


I'm working on a little evening shrug design. I decided to go with a simple top down garter raglan, with the complexity of the pattern being reserved for the sleeves and the edging detail.

I'm playing around with the idea of a to-the-elbow bell sleeve and maybe a knit-on edging along the cropped lower edge. Still working it out in my head!
The garter doesn't look like much right now...but after blocking I have high hopes for it. And this color is a very interesting grey with a lot of depth - thinking of it for over the top of a little black dress! Shirani has this yarn in lots of really pretty colors, and the skein has such enormous yardage, you'll get something nice out of just one skein :-)



Yours in lace,
Claire

No comments: