Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Manos del Uruguay



Check out this new yarn Shirani just got in: Manos Silk Blend - a lusciously soft blend of Silk and Merino Wool. Silky soft beyond belief and the colors! Well, these are the three colorways Cultured Purl has in stock right now and I'm in love with all of them. It's hand dyed by the "hands of Uruguay", a non profit organization with over 400 artisans in cooperatives scattered all over the countryside of Uruguay. Its goal is to bring economic and social opportunities to rural women.

This yarn would make a beautiful hat, pair of mittens, or dare I say it, a shawl...
Stop by the store and take a look!

yours in yarn,
Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh I can't wait to see these!! I am thinking hat!!
Shirani you are great shopper for us.
Olivia loves her fair isle hat and I am happy that it is cold enough for her to wear it. The patten was so much fun Claire. It is so great to give your knitting to loved ones. I love the hat for your husband. I am still on sock one for mine.

You are a great mom to sit and beam at all the dancing, even it you saw it many times!!
Take care,
Amy