Sunday, November 09, 2008

18 Hours of Musical Theatre...


(the same 3 hours over and over and over again! only a Mother's love...)

I had planned to get SO MUCH knitting done, but it turns out that trying to sneak in a few rounds on black yarn in a darkened theatre simply does not pay. I ended up dropping stitches and ripping back so frequently I just didn't get anywhere fast on this hat for my brother-in-law. (Sorry it printed sideways!)

Shirani got me hooked on this awesome Brooklyn Tweed pattern, found here and I have to say I adore this project! It's simple and very intuitive, and I am absolutely enthralled with the yarn I'm using: Nimbus and O Wool, both organic, and a joy to knit with. Each skein of O Wool (made in Middlebury Vermont), uses half an acre of organic land. WE NEED MORE YARNS LIKE THIS IN THE WORLD!!!!

I love this fibre so much I'm ready to get started on a second hat (my husband's birthday is a few short days away and I now he'll love the feeling of this wool - it's very soft and not at all itchy.) I'm going to cast on right now, and then do my best to put it aside for today's 3 hour afternoon show!!

yours in organic wool,
Claire

PS, Next year's sock club is almost full. If you'd like to sign up, stop by or call the Cultured Purl.

No comments: