Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rita's Masterpiece

We've been keeping this little beauty a secret from the blogging world, but now that Christmas has come and gone and the yarn's "out of the bag" so to speak, I can share these pictures of the LOVELY sweater Rita lovingly knit for her daughter Kelly!





Isn't it amazing?? Our Purl's been wearing this since Rita finished it earlier this Fall, so if you were in the shop at all in November and early December you've probably seen it up close, and have been able to appreciate the softness of the Debbie Bliss yarn and the beauty of Rita's skillful stitchery in person. These photos don't really do it justice!










The pattern is from one of the Debbie Bliss books, sorry that I can't recall which one right at the moment...the sweater design is incredibly creative - it's begun in the center and is worked in the round so that the center back forms out of a sort of sunburst. Really quite remarkable!







I stopped in the shop this morning and heard from Rita that it fit Kelly like a dream and she loved the gift! We of course had no doubt!! Rita is a terrific knitter and a sweet and irreplacable member of the Cultured Purl family!

Happy New Year!
Yours in knitting,
Claire

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I' so glad Kelly loved it; after watching Rita's steady progress and loving knitting, how could she not absolutely adore it! Go Rita; you're the best!

Linda

Alias Kate said...

That must be the same sweater that Barb Lee is knitting in red. It starts in a circle. The Holy Cross knitting group is going gaga over it. Can't wait to watch it emerge!

Anonymous said...

I am quite convinced that I am the luckiest daughter ever! All my life, my mother has created the most wonderful things for me and encouraged my own creative spirit. I was so thrilled with this latest addition to my collection of handknits and anxious to show it off to all my fiber artist/weaver/knitting friends at my local guild here in NY. It is such an unusual design, and it fits so perfectly! Thank you all for being there for my mom since I'm so far away. I know she has the best group of friends you could ever wish for.
Love to you all from out east!
Kelly