Saturday, November 11, 2006

What a difference a wrap makes!


The ribbing on the left is the Eastern Combined method of purling. The ribbing on the right is the loose first sock. The Eastern combined purl resulted in a beautifully even, pleasantly tight, elastic ribbing. I am so pleased with the result that I think I'll do all my purling this way from now on!!

Of course, I am now faced with the problem of unmatched socks. I'm going to try my best to resist the urge to rip out the first sock and do it again. Maybe my husband won't notice the difference...

Yours in yarn,
Claire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of re-knitting the whole sock, cut off the ribbing, pick up the live stitches and work up the cuff instead of down. You will probably have to "fudge" one added stitch to get the correct number, but it beats doing the whole sock over.

Theresa said...

I hope you didn't redo this . . . just use the better method for your next sock!