Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Something wonderful happened today

I stopped by Cultured Purl today and bought this yarn (even though I need another project like I need a hole in the head...) but seeing Barb's lovely asymmetric shawl made me realize I couldn't let another second pass without starting one for myself. For any one interested, I'm giving it a go with the new Noro sock yarn...

Anyhow...the really wonderful thing was this - I only stopped by for a second, but Barb was there, and Chris and Susan, Maria, and Rita and of course Shirani, so I sat down for a brief minute borrowed from my insanely busy day (which everyone there knows about but I'm not going to share with you here because it will give you anxiety...) Well my minute turned into an hour, and here's the wonderful part, by the time I left I was TOTALLY, UNBELIEVABLY, 100% stress-free because I felt such a warmth and comraderie in that room. All women I have only recently been lucky enough to get to know through one common link- a love of knitting, and the homey, welcoming atmosphere of our local yarn shop! Thank you Sue and Shirani for created such a cozy space and sense of community in which so many interesting and spirited women have come to feel a part of. And thank you ladies for helping me pause for a breath today!

The rest of my day was just as hectic and busy as I thought it would be, but as I rushed from place to place, I had my new Noro yarn and cherished ebony needles close at hand, and every stitch I could sneak in was a reminder of the lovely afternoon spend in the company of the nicest kind of kindred spirits - my fellow Cultured Purl knitters!

Thanks so much ladies!

Yours in knitting,
Claire


~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~�~

Sent with my Treo 755p smartphone & Chattermail

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't agree with you more. I need Cultured Purl more than it will ever know!! Just walking in the door takes the stress away!! I really appreciate your class Claire( you are a great teacher) !!!! and the kind nature and such sweetness of Shirani and Sue. I am also very thankful for Laura who gave me a new thing to hang on to- SOCKS!! that helps take the stress of three kids away each night as I knit for hours while they sleep and I sit amazed as they take shape!! I am so happy that Cultured Purl is here and that I found it!!!

Thank you so much,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Claire,
You captured the essence of the Cultured Purl! I remember the first time I went in to knit in the comfy room. As a new knitter I thought I would feel intimidated by all of the "older" knitters. But I felt welcomed and comfortable from the very beginning. It was ok that I didn't know much. It has been a wonderful place to learn! I truly feel that everyone there is a friend. I always leave feeling uplifted. It's a wonderful place filled with wonderful people!

Susan

Anonymous said...

We feel so lucky to have met all you wonderful knitters! Our lives would have been very empty if we had not opened the shop. I am also greatful that my son gets to grow up with lots of love from all the "ladies" :)
~Shirani