Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Knitting Lace with Crochet Cotton



Chris K, who loves lace but isn't that keen on knitting a shawl, got me thinking about other project avenues waiting to be explored as I forge ahead on this lace journey of mine! This is the start of a table runner done in some ecru cotton that Shirani had in stock at the shop. (Not being skilled at crochet, I've never really paid much attention to it before.)

Cotton is entirely different from wool and I have to admit it's taken some getting used to. It's a beautiful fiber, with a great sheen and smoothness. It's quite tightly plied and cord like though, making it not as soft as the silky wools I've been working with lately.

Still, its firmness and slight inelasticity make it the perfect choice for tablecloths and runners. I'm pleased so far with the way it's turning out. I'll let you know how it goes...especially once I get to the blocking!

Yours in yarn and those wonderful Addi lace turbos,
Claire

1 comment:

Shirani said...

You are so talented Claire!!